We love to eat anything that we want to because we are confident that after eating all the food debris can be removed by brushing and our teeth will become healthy as we expected. But did you know that there are foods that might help gain proper nutrition for our teeth? Foods are essential to your body, as well as our teeth also need proper nutrition even though we brush it regularly and floss it. There are a lot of foods can be helpful for strengthening and maintaining our teeth as healthy as possible. These are the foods that might give you a proper diet for your teeth.
- Cheese. Cheese lowers the acid levels of your mouth. It contains high in calcium and casein. Casein can prevent tooth decaying bacteria from sticking to teeth. Also, when chewing on hard cheeses can increase your saliva level that washes off bacteria in the mouth.
- Leafy Greens. Vegetables are very healthy for our body and our teeth, and these include kale and spinach. Both are filled with mouth-healthy vitamins and minerals that can help for our teeth to be more healthy. It consists vitamin C that increases the production of red blood cells and reduces inflammation, both are benefits against irritation and gum disease. It also requires more chewing action that creates saliva production, which is suitable for washing away bacteria from the mouth.
- Apples. Well, it is true that an apple a day keeps the dentist away. Because apples are good for our teeth. When eating an apple, the munching actions that can help to clean our teeth that shakes up the plaque that clings to gums and teeth. And because it has vitamin C, it will help strengthen our teeth.
- Wild Salmon. Wild salmon contains the vitamin D that help absorb and utilize calcium which protects teeth and gums. Fish are an essential part of any teeth-friendly diet. If your body does not absorb enough calcium it breaks down your teeth, can make it brittle. So you need to eat fish like wild salmon for helping your body absorb more calcium.
- Black and Green Tea. There is some research shown that teas contain polyphenol that can reduce bacteria and toxic products of bacteria in the mouth. It is also rich in fluoride, which is a well-known essential for healthy teeth. As well as, it can conceal the genes of bacteria that may produce a smelly compound in the mouth.
It is great to eat many foods as you want but make sure that you also eat those proper nutrients that can help your teeth stay healthy. Maintain also oral hygiene and basic ways of cleaning our teeth, brushing regularly using fluoride toothpaste and flossing.
Need an urgent repair of Chipped Tooth in Webster? Message or call us at (713) 777-2777 to book an appointment!