Having teeth imperfections can affect a person both physically and mentally. They tend to be more self-conscious and unconfident in dealing with other people on a daily basis. Thanks to dentistry there are now multiple treatments available that can provide a solution for this dental concern. These solutions allow patients to regain their appearance and mental wellness; it also restores the function of their damaged teeth for an excellent overall dental condition.
Veneers may have been around for hundreds of years, but it is still an ideal solution for teeth imperfections such as chips, discolorations, slight misalignments, and cracks. The procedure has caught up with the latest advancements in dentistry further improving its durability, function, and appearance.
At Southern Dental we provide custom-made Porcelain Veneers, they are thin-shell like dental prosthesis that can be placed on the front surface of the teeth. It can cover teeth imperfections without appearing out of place; porcelain is known to appear as natural as the original teeth which makes it visually pleasing.
How to Properly Take Care of Porcelain Veneers:
- The best way of taking care of porcelain veneers and other dental prostheses is to practice proper dental hygiene and care for its maintenance and care that can guarantee its longevity.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste to avoid scratching the surface since it can compromise the longevity of the porcelain veneers.
- Do not use the teeth as a tool to open bottles or plastic packets and also avoid nibbling on the nails. Exerting these unnecessary pressures can cause the veneer to break, chip, or crack.
- Use fluoridated dental products such as toothpaste or mouthwash to act as a barrier that protects the porcelain veneers and natural teeth from harmful substances that can cause damage.
- Porcelain veneers are stain resistant but not the original teeth structures. It is better to avoid or minimize the intake of foods and beverages with strong colors since it can change the natural shade of the teeth. The porcelain veneers would stand out since it is only the treated tooth that would appear to be whiter than the others.
- While playing contact sports or other physical activities be sure to wear mouthguards, it does not only guarantee the safety of the dental prosthesis but also for the natural teeth and other oral structures.
Porcelain veneers are minimally invasive procedures which can correct multiple teeth imperfections while providing better aesthetics, function, and durability.
Porcelain Veneers in Pasadena, TX can completely transform a patient’s smile and self-confidence. Don’t wait any longer! Schedule your appointment at Southern Dental. We welcome patients to schedule a consultation to see which treatments are best suited for them. We are located at 7219 Fairmont Pkwy. Suite 100 Pasadena, TX 77505.